Tuesday, March 27, 2007

...creating a bigger fire

If I feel drawn to tell another what to believe then I am denying that which I claim--I know--is fundamental. I am denying the validity of the inward witness.

This is not to say that someone cannot be caught up in something contrary to Truth, and that I cannot discern when that happens, to me or to someone else. It just means that when someone is in error I cannot do more than to deal with them tenderly and refer them, or myself, back to the source, the Truth, as it is operating in and on them, or in and on me.

To confront and contend will only cause them, and do I ever know this experientially, to cling tighter to their pride, as I assault it with my own, until we both are so out of harmony, so out of the life and the power, that there are two souls, and not just one, disoriented in the weeds.

1 comment:

Liz Opp said...

This speaks to my condition.

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up